View Single Post
Old 2009-07-12, 23:15   Link #95
otaku_trev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post

The only minor problem I have is that Horo's got lolified ... I preferred the more mature character design from the first season.
I noticed the same thing. It is a minor problem to me also. It wasn't to terribly bad as it could be, but the director doesn't need to make Horo cute. It kind of takes away from the character we all grew to love in the first season, that being a wise wolf who doesn't show her emotion as readily as a youngster would. I realize that in this episode she is drunk most the time , and that may have lowered her inhibitions a tad, and the flirting was enjoyable to watch! (The foot shot....ohhhh the foot shot . AWESOME!)I have read the novels and it seems that they are keeping true to the novels material and lines. If they turn down the loli and spice up the coolness of the Wolf, this series will be a very good one and will surpass the first season.

Maybe I'm being a little too harsh on the first episode, but I've been looking forward to this season for a long time.

I'll probably get used to Horo being more cute. She did have a dream, after all about Lawrence, and she may be turning up the flirt factor to get closer to him before he dies (maybe...its just a dream...right?). Anyways, I give this episode an 9 because I thought it was great, but a little taken aback by the cuteness factor being stepped up a little. OP song isn't as good as first season, but its still good. Ending song isn't to bad too, although not as good as the first seasons ending.

I'm so glad that Season 2 is here and am eagerly awaiting the next episodes! This is going to be the best summer ever!

Hail the Tail! The Wolf is back!

Last edited by otaku_trev; 2009-07-12 at 23:37.