View Single Post
Old 2010-02-02, 13:30   Link #1251
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijriims View Post
If only Yoshiya had that connotation with Zepar, then one could regard as coincidence. But Sayo also translates into Furfur, then it couldn't be anything but Ryukishi07's hint.
I'm not entirely certain that the Sayo = 34 thing isn't just foreigners trying to play with kanji and come up with a connection that isn't there. As for the Yoshiya thing, well, even Erika suspects that it isn't actually Kanon's real name, and I bet you could do a similar thing with any name composed of numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rogue View Post
That's exactly what I was talking about (a non-person in the sense of the game, much like Kinzo). But if it doesn't make sense to you I can understand that.
Huh, well, like I said, it works for the purposes of the count, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijriims View Post
The problem for Erika being non-existent is: it was said in red that she beheaded the fives (amazing, a 1x teenage girl had the strength to behead five people)...unless Erika here was the name of the knife....
There's this. There is red text referring to her as a specific individual, although whether that individual is a person or an object, we don't know. I think it's telling that Erika and Erika's interactions have never been seen from an objective perspective, though.

Regardless of her presence in the game, though, we can be certain she was never on Ange's (the real) Rokkenjima... the chances of her surviving her fall (being pushed?) off the boat were next to nothing.