View Single Post
Old 2011-04-24, 05:33   Link #342
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
That's because Walpurgisnacht's inherent nature defies the laws of time, just Homura does after becoming a Magical Girl. Homura made a contract with Kyubey to basically go back in time and stop herself from killing Madoka. That is the cruel irony of her wish. It was always her destiny to turn into Walpurgisnacht.
BUT, if it was always her destiny to become Walpurgisnacht, then due to the mechanism of Madoka's wish, then Homura should very much not exist in the post-witch world at all. Madoka herself, who is pretty much fated to be the most powerful witch in the world, was utterly eliminated in all timelines, as a result erasing Madoka herself from all existence. And yet here we have Homura, still alive and kicking and the only one to clearly remember Madoka. I don't think Madoka's wish extended to "Homura is special", and hence no reason to assume that Homura is immune to whatever effects Madoka's "no-witches" reality would contain except for Homura maintaining Madoka's memory, which is attributed to a 'miracle'.

Also, I don't remember the "Walpurgisnacht defying the laws of time" part from anywhere.

Quote:
A Soul Gem is a physical item, and logic states a Grief Seed can travel around just as easily.
I can concede on the Soul Gem and Grief Seed part, but there's still a problem with this: it still assumes that Walpurgisnacht is a time-travelling entity, which it has shown no hints or indications of being such a thing.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote