View Single Post
Old 2012-11-08, 12:53   Link #2926
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788 – 1860)
-"...And Federally taxable." Gallagher (1980s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
@kyp - Er, if I recall the Federal Assault Weapons Ban (AWB) expired in 2004 and was not renewed. I'm talking about assault rifles, not machine guns.. I believe GundamFan was talking about private ownership and seeking ammo for weapons such as the FN FAL which is a light automatic rifle ..

Re: AGW -- Well, we're a fact and reason based society right? I propose we do a grand experiment! Purposely puncture a hole in the ozone layer or purposely spread greenhouse gases above the "Competitive Enterprise Institute" and see what happens! I mean .. there should be no ill effects of any kind right? Now.. how do you get enough giant fans to keep those clouds there..

Cannot currently predict the outcome

The Assault Weapons Ban is media word nonsense. Assault rifles have been banned since the 1930s as they are classed with machine guns. "Assault weapon" is a made up term for guns that look like assault rifles, but aren't. The US M1 Garand uses the same ammo as the FN FAL, and it isn't a assault rifle