View Single Post
Old 2009-07-23, 14:38   Link #1269
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku View Post

You misinterpret.
I am not asking you to hate him nor do I have the intention to make you hate him. Durandal could possibly be the most well-written character in Destiny. Yet I am merely pointing out that, if there are villains in Destiny, Durandal would definitely be on the list.
I probably should have clarified who the "you" is in my "Ok, fine... now give me a reason to hate him and root against him since you're so intent on making me feel that way." sentence.

The "you" is not you personally, Neku, but rather a plural you referring to the people behind Gundam Seed Destiny. Maybe I'm picking up on something that isn't really there, but I did get this strong sense that the people behind Gundam Seed Destiny were strongly hinting to the viewer that they should root against Durandal. That they were setting him up for a big fall, and you the viewer, are intended to enjoy watching it.

Quote:

As for the Lacus assassination attempt, I am as assured that he planned and directed it as you are assured that it might not be him. Let's keep it at that.
I'm certainly inclined to think he was behind it, but there's plausible deniablity there. Why leave it open to question at all?
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote