View Single Post
Old 2012-10-21, 10:24   Link #55
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

After watching a second time Episode 3, I felt its adaptation regarding characters a bit worse than I initially thought.
The first problem I've got with this episode was how Haruka was portrayed. Past the noticeable difference in voice acting (probably due to the direction), Haruka felt quite pushy and demanding. It was already weird for her not to simply ask, her lecture felt quite off. And suffice to say, seeing her only now for only 2 short scenes doesn't really make sense, since she raids quite often Riki's class (a bit like Kyou in Clannad).

Masato was particularly weird was well: checking the VN again, he was shown as downright annoyed after Kengo's setup, and even more with Yuiko's intervention, to the point he was getting serious at it. So seeing the muscle sensation and his pumped side there was off once again.

But like I said, my major gripe in ep3 was how Yuiko felt "plain mischevious" without really the kuudere side to it: past the slow "threats", she was shown "amused" during her fight with Masato, instead of plainly punish him for his foolishness (characterized with her cold profile pose in the VN).
So really, the differences are notable imho.