View Single Post
Old 2012-08-29, 07:42   Link #30242
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Meeting a person with amnesia by chance is unlikely. Meeting a specific and particular person with amnesia by chance is essentially near-impossible.
That's my point.
But I'm not sure I understand what is yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Who cares if it's circular. Everything has to rest on some kind of circular logic. In most stories we'd have the luxury of assuming everything we are presented, at least, to be true. In Umineko we don't. I'd say what we should be looking for is the most "elegant" circle that balances both theme and plausibility.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_reasoning
Circular reasoning (also known as paradoxical thinking or circular logic), is a logical fallacy

Quote:
Plus Battler was being sarcastic anyway. Even if Touya and Battler are the same person I would still take this comment of Battler's with a grain of salt.
The usual problem within Umineko. You bring an evidence against a theory, they'll just dismiss that evidence as a lie.

How is this different from Knownnomore?

Quote:
If Touya isn't Battler, and Ikuko isn't Yasu, then where's all the information to write the forgeries coming from?
If Ikuko isn't Yasu, then Touya must be Battler. I mean, exactly like it appears to be without thinking about never mentioned conspiracies behind the scenes.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote