View Single Post
Old 2013-01-06, 08:04   Link #1053
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I have two level 80s now (Thief and Guardian), and I am struggling with naming my Engineer (I named her Cordelia Feuerbach after the character from Atelier Rorona, now I wanted to change her name to Origami Tobiichi from Date-a-Live, but she is Lv 18).

Mesmer is a boring class to play. It is best that you equip a buff-heal skillset when you go WvW that allows you to stay behind, like what my shout-based multipurpose guardian has now. She can also go up 1v1 against anyone and come out alive because of her symbols and shouts - they can heal and add vulnerability to anyone in it. My thief is a pistolwhip-vit build, good against 1v1 and average against 1v3, but she doesn't have enough defence to go up against 1v2. However, her Scorpion Wire and Explosive Arrow are the mainstays of assaults in WvW - they are used for keeping people off the parapets and pulling them down.

Also, I find that naming your character and building it the way you want it to be makes a whole lot of difference in gameplay experience - I named my guardian after one of the MCs from Symphogear, so basically she is a swordsmaiden + active-aura support + tank = total badass.
I find Mesmer rather fun to play in it's own way just like I did in the GW1, which at first I wasn't keen on Mesmer back then. Didn't actually make one till I had tried all the other classes and it then became one of my favorite classes after the ele.
Here I was again abit worried how Mesmer would play but I rather like it, clones are are pretty cool and theres alot you can do with a mesmer.

Btw 4pm is a odd time for reset, what time zone you in, I'm GMT so ours is midnight.

Had a good a gaming night other night when I dragged some guildies along to do Hydra Queen achievement, we eventually reeled in loads others on the map for some good fun.
Great when you see others just jumping in like that but we should have gotten them join in earlier as it was a mare trying to kill that risen captain, he's a right pita.