View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 03:47   Link #45
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitenma View Post
I have to disagree.
You think a society is wrong so you wish that they will be massacred?
You believe that a large number of people need to die in order to a positive change can happen?
Sorry but I happen to know some guys in our history having the same thoughts.
I don't particularly want a massacre here, and nor do I think that a large number of people need to die in order for positive change to happen.

That being said, the human society in SSY is far from innocent here. And, in the current war with Yakomaru's group, the humans are the aggressors. Remember, Tomiko sent out the order to have Yakomaru's group completely wiped out before Yakomaru's group attempted any attacks on the humans. That's rather extreme, and reminds me of those same "some guys in our history" that you're probably thinking of.

Really, Yakomaru's group is now just defending itself. It's kill or be killed now, the humans have given the Queerats no other choice.

The way the humans of this world treat and think of the Queerats is quite disturbing. It's nothing short of monstrous, really. The Queerats are a sentient race, and their leaders are even able to communicate clearly with humans. And the humans treat them like cattle, if not worst than cattle.

In fact, my view on Tomiko has changed considerably with this episode. For all her age and supposed wisdom, that lady has one hell of a mean streak. Her plans for Yakomaru are about as extreme as it gets.

In any event, this was a pretty exciting and engaging episode. I don't think I'd want to be Yakomaru right now... Tomiko has some nasty plans for him, and I don't know what Yakomaru can possibly do to take out the Masked Marvel, SuperCantusMan. That dude is powerful. Very impressive showing on his part here. Some people here are faulting humans for being too arrogant in their assessment of the threat posed by the Queerats, but with SuperCantusMan fighting for them, can you really blame them?

The ending bit with Maria didn't bother me as much as it did some, but it did seem a bit superfluous to me. It just wasn't long enough for me to care much about it either way.

My one issue with this episode (and with SSY in general since the latest time-skip) is that this is all feeling like a Greek Tragedy playing out in Super-Slo Mo. I find myself getting a bit numb to it all after awhile, and so I hope the pace picks up while I still care about some of these characters.