View Single Post
Old 2013-03-08, 12:52   Link #68
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Perfect 10
Just my personal opinion of course, but this episode once again confirmed to me that Akane is a wonderful, beautiful being. She immediately recognizes the Sibyl system for the abomination that it is, and at the same time realises that she cannot destroy Sibyl or make its existence public. She understands that the system is needed and going along with the system's wishes is the best course of action. Yet despite this, her resolve does not waver. If she is to be a pawn, she'll never stand for being an unwitting pawn ever again, and she will not force herself to like what Sibyl is doing. Despite being played, she even found a way to play the system back, if it's only a little bit. It's because she understands why Sibyl wants to get their hands on Makishima's brain.
Although I absolutely love Akane and agree she is awesome I think we need to appreciate Kagari.

Kagari obviously didn't get the character development that Akane did but I enjoyed his conviction in the end that he hoped Makishima and his partner would destroy the sybil system but he was still against them.

Strangely enough Akane and Kagari seemed to come to different conclusions about the sybil system but they both stuck to own beliefs and convictions at the end which is something I admire.

I am not really sure what I think about Kougami's actions just yet and I will have to see how it all plays out. Kougami's ideas are closer to Kagari (and perhaps my own) but I am not sure if I agree with him going off on his own.