View Single Post
Old 2013-01-23, 21:00   Link #31728
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
The very problem with the amnesia subplot is how silly it is on its face. And I say that as someone who finds Tohya a pretty interesting person, but still, amnesia is pretty dumb as the sole explanation.
I realize how faulty my reasoning at that point was
What I meant was more, at this point of the story it would have been difficult to introduce a whole subquest of events for Battler that explained away why Battler would be dead yet still alive and not contacting at least Ange. There are of course ways to make it much less abrupt and oversimplified, as the amnesia element did, but we already discussed how rushed EP8 appeared at several points and it wouldn't surprise me if he just glossed over it because of time and space...well and possibly imaginative restrictions.

The big problem I have with the amnesia explanation is that there is not much information given how it came to pass. There must have been a traumatic trigger, but if that was Beato/Yasu's death or his own guilt in the events is left open as many other elements, especially those introduced in EP8.
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote