View Single Post
Old 2013-05-28, 23:31   Link #4038
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Reminiscence seems more plot-focused and not really mostly a comedy like the Akagoei games though. The humor is still awesome and the character-interaction is ace but it has a much more serious tone going by the trial.

Looking forward to how Aki's route is going to play out in the game, you don't see this kind of brother-sister relationship very often. They really fucking hate each other. And not in the cute harmless "onii-chan no baka!"-way, it's actually deep burning hatred, pure and absolute.
I love the comedy because it's familiar ground, but the serious tone of the story has me wondering if I should take it with a grain of salt or not - mostly because my experience with AkaGoei is still fresh in my mind. When it comes to coming up with stories with serious tones, this writer starts off strong enough, but starts to lose it when he has to tie things up altogether or end them properly. I'm afraid that the main game is going to have some severe out-of-character moments once you go down certain routes (like Aki's, probably - though this is just early speculation on my part).

And the sibling loathing thing, yes. It's not just something new you see aside from the oniichan imouto pandering that's common out there, but their hatred of each other is so genuine that it's just refreshing to behold for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
One more good thing about Reminiscene is.....we have Yuuki back! It doesnt hurt to have a character we are familiar with(Though his hair changed).
Same. I was laughing pretty hard when Yuuki showed up and he and the lead suddenly bonded together over breasts.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2013-05-28 at 23:48. Reason: Typing is not my strongest skill set after having just woken up
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote