View Single Post
Old 2009-06-19, 23:45   Link #162
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parappa View Post
Yeah, I see where you are coming from. Sometimes, you're used to a certain format. I was thinking it was like the transition from Sunday Newspaper comics (not the best example I know) to something like an animated show. There might be a disconnect when watching it in animated form. Like why did they leave out certain scenes, etc.

I agree with you on them being too hasty. It's also a problem with these short shows with 13 episodes or less. You have to create filler sometimes that do not have anything to do with the story and it might not flow as well as the manga. There's always a risk it becomes big like K-ON and you can tell that these days many shows are getting extra seasons to satisfy the fanbase.
Another strike (to me) for the anime is that KyoAni gambled with a rookie cast. In this aspect, I admit I'm a snob: I'm willing to give a stellar voice cast more leeway than a rookie team, given the same level of writing in the script. Take Lucky Star and Hidamari for example. Hirano Aya was a good anchor for the three rookies (at the time.), while the other three girls of Hidamari complimented Yuno's seiyuu (also a rookie).