View Single Post
Old 2008-03-10, 19:01   Link #890
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirificus View Post
Of course there was no need for a stock. The M2 was kept stable by the tripod, not to mention that it has no provision for a stock.

When the stocks are retracted they brace MP5s using their slings.

For any kind of aimed fire, you want the gun to be as stable and supported as reasonably possible. Stocks, bipods and slings are all simple and reliable mechanical aids that can help with that. The need for stabilization holds true for any kind of ranged weapon. The less stable the weapon platform, the less accurate any fire from it will be.
Oh, I'm well aware of all this. I was just tired and annoyed with ark's insistence on stocks and wanted to get in an admittedly faulty argument before I slept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Considering that the longest documented shot of Nanoha is 100m or thereabouts, and according to WG, Vice managed to shoot over that when he shot at the drones ... that at least is gone, unless you would like to dispute Wild Goose's findings, which will require you to range the shots yourself.
So basicaly in StrikerS, Quattro was just 100 meters away from Nanoha.

Yeah. Really.

As Keroko keeps saying and as I keep trying to point out, this is a Magical Girl Anime. Thus, stadia ranging and frame timings are going to be inherently flawed due to Magical Girl anime conventions as well as one simple thing: technological limitations of anime.

For another example, the Super Robot Wars games on GBA. You can have hugeass mecha and even bigger ships taking up the same space on the grid as the smallest grunt mecha. Why? Simplification and technological limitations of the platform. The same happens in anime; they need to cut production costs so they'll simplify as much as possible, which means that any timings/stadia ranging is inherently flawed.

Also, regarding people surviving 400MPH impacts: when a body freefalls down it eventually reaches a speed of 200MPH. Barring unusual exceptions, when that happens to people, they die on impact when they hit the ground.

I believe in miracles.