View Single Post
Old 2008-05-04, 15:56   Link #8
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
This means that I can compare Kanon's plot to Clannad's plot, if it's relevant in some way, correct? If I reveal Kanon's plot under a spoiler tag in a Clannad thread, I would hope that it is completely okay, because many good discussions include compare and contrasts to other series to further emphasize a certain point.
Yes, I think you're right. But the key things here are that:
  1. The entire comparison (not just the spoilerish parts) should be behind spoiler tags
  2. The spoiler tags should be clearly marked so that people know exactly what they should have watched before reading the paragraph
  3. As you emphasized yourself, it should be relevant and useful.

This would be a BAD example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD example - DON'T DO THIS!
I think the way this is going it'll be like
Spoiler for kanon:
don't you think?
I'm sure anyone who's been around the forum for any length of time can remember far too many posts of this sort.

Please note also that certain threads may have additional restrictions about spoiler tags. Anime episode threads in particular tend to have more restrictions. So please be mindful of that.

But yes, that exception was intended to allow for relevant comparisons like that, so long as everyone knows exactly what to expect when they click on the spoiler tags.