View Single Post
Old 2010-07-10, 21:00   Link #100
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
LULZ mode activate!!!

thats why that the SVD's scope has a little something in its crosshair, tho i forgot what that name was.

its range is THAT far but i cant say for accuracy tho. unless reki uses an intervention rifle THEN she can reach 2km.

if kinji can do what he did in the first chapter of the LN and manga, it can be plausible that he can also be a spotter.

a rule of the sniper is for ambush and support. at first i mistook her for a sharpshooter tho. those two are different things.

and if i remember something, the calculation for the sniper (the spotter if its two man) is:

bullet compensation
wind speed
Coriolis effect
angle
variable distance/range
you mean the reticlue range finder? the ones in the svd aren't even designed for accommodating distance of up to 2km, not mention the standard svd doesn't even have a scope that zooms that far.
and for shooting anywhere further than 800 meters you are going to have to know the slant range, calculate the distance and correction based on mils relative from your position to the target, plus whether the target is moving or static, and take into account of atmospheric conditions(weather, wind, humidty,temperature). this is why we employ sniper teams instead of just individual snipers. It is too hard for the sniper to be tracking and aiming the target at extreme range and do all this calculation in his head while looking through the scope, Hence the spotter whose job is to relay and do all this calculation for the shooter. Believe me its a hard job.

i have no real experience with any sniper training. but from what i know of basic marksmen ship principles and the theory of gunnery you learn as a tank gunner this is pretty much what the fire control computer calculate for you after you lase a target.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote