View Single Post
Old 2011-03-05, 04:59   Link #22184
Keriaku
Thought Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
I would like to point out that according to Lambdadelta's own viewpoint, she predates Takano, and just sort of met her randomly as she did Beatrice, which, by the way...
This is true, I forgot about this point. I'll revise my theory at some point. But this doesn't change what my main argument is, that Ryuukishi is presenting beings at this level of reality. And with this view point, there is ways to connect the dots between Lambda and Takano in some way, but there is much you could speculate about her background, so I'm not pushing this point.

Quote:
Lambdadelta makes it very clear to Beatrice that her witch-form and powers, this gameboard's existence, and all this special meta-crap is pretty much because Lambda lent her her powers, which implies that Maria and Ange just imagining up creatures isn't enough to make them real.
Well if that's your argument, you must at least agree that Lambda exists. And from there, I'm just going with what we're actually shown in the story. There are varying levels creatures like Sakutarou exist at, and they do interact with other people on similar levels as well. I'm not saying there's no limitations on them however. And in one of the TIPS, Lambda's Diary, she says how Beatrice has abilities different than hers, that could be much stronger. A lot of what goes on involving this world is a matter of perspective. Being fixed and saying it's certainly like one way is rejecting the possibilities this point of view towards the whole series is implying.

Quote:
Ange was given power by Bernkastel though, and you could perhaps argue that Maria shared benefits through Mariage Sorciere; MARIA also being a witch is a necessary component of Beatrice's self image.
I'm not trying to argue against anything shown in the story, I'm just explaining ideas I've had about the connection between normal people and meta-counterparts. I'm merely stating the obvious that ANGE is a higher, more cumulative version of Ange, and it is true that Bernkastel had a hand in realizing this form.

Last edited by Keriaku; 2011-03-05 at 11:01.
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote