View Single Post
Old 2011-08-21, 11:44   Link #6
hanashi

Oh snap, it's the return of plot!

I actually have a lot more respect for Takako after this. I would have thought her the type to insist on a flashy wedding, but she seemed like she really would have been okay eloping. And it takes courage to even think about calling off a wedding, no matter how small. I think she saw that the wedding plans were taking over.

Poor Minko. It does seem pretty unfair. I couldn't help but notice the contrast--Minko gets upset/flustered and starts burning things, while Ohana apparently turns into a speed demon (while still producing quality work).

Her blowing up at Ohana irritated me, but it was her "take responsibility for Tohru's feelings" bit that really irked me though. Who the heck would be happy if someone dated them out of pity/duty?! When I first started watching, I was really hoping that Minko would have gotten more character development by now. Still, I do feel for her. Working up the courage to say something outside of her comfort zone to Tohru and then hearing that it makes her sound like Ohana. Ouch.

...I'm going to need a beer before I can start wrapping my head around Ren/Tomoe.

And at least we know Mizuno and Nako are still friendly with each other. I'm just going to be back here, shipping them in my head.

Edit: I almost forgot. Holy crap, Tohru, 5 kids! Haha, If that were me, that would be an instant crush death knoll.

Last edited by hanashi; 2011-08-21 at 11:59.