View Single Post
Old 2012-12-15, 19:08   Link #83
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I surely didn't have much hope due to the setup of ALO arc and how characters like Sugou were presented so far, but this episode went with the "villain EVIL character" with so many unbelievable beyond parody points that it stopped to be funny altogether.
Surely, the author needed "reasons" for such a "final boss" to be defeated, but Kawahara simply cornered himself with the setup, and had to resort to put Sugou in such role to create false tension and impression of "fighting an overwhelming obstacle", with flaws and hardly foreshadowed points to solve the whole mess.

And whereas the conclusion for SAO arc could be polished a little bit, ALO was absolutely awful imho in that regard: so basically we have a hidden "full administrator" account that was left in the ALO main frame without Sugou's knowing (despite he surely went to great lengths to have full control "in order to be (ALO) World's God), and could be accessed like that?

ALO being a copy of SAO doesn't explain everything, far from it: there is no way ALO would be designed without making a complete overhaul in term of accounts and main frame for the game itself, and since it was already setup 1 year before SAO was terminated, I don't see how it is remotely possible to have Kayaba's "consciousness" being present in ALO despite he surely made a program of himself the moment he dismantled SAO.
Kayaba was such a genius, a lot of the core programs used to make virtual worlds are still black boxes. And he left himself a backdoor.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote