View Single Post
Old 2008-02-04, 08:36   Link #170
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Finally finished the proofreading while discovering and enjoying the game.

The plot was astonishingly thrilling. I wasn't expecting a pace like this, especially that the plot itself doesn't span more than 48 hours for the characters.
Hence I was expecting that it would be rather hard to be empathic towards the characters but I was proven wrong.

Spoiler for opinion about the characters:

My favourites characters for the moment: Battler > Natsuhi > Kanon/Shannon > Hideyoshi > Kyrie

As for the music... I didn't expect dai to give such peaceful and noble tones. Hope(ver1.00) is definitely the new "you", and I hope he will keep this track as the emblematic "flag" for umineko.
The creep musics were working like mad. I felt many shivers (though playing around midnight sure increases this effect as well). But the "action" and chaotic tracks were marverlous.
The last scene in chapter 14 was probably my favourite one. The whole thing was almost surreal. Natsuhi with "that", everyone's thoughts in wreck. Really, システム零 by -45 was one of my top favourite track. Chaotic, impending doom and desperate crisis were nicely transcripted with it. Other tracks like nighteyes were nailing the theatral and plot twist scenes as well.

What else...? Nothing much aside that the plot was quite challening and extremely interesting despite the slow and slightly bland start (i was expecting sufficient characters interactions of the start, but the main dish quickly arrived anyway). Much like everyone, many points were quite curious, and pointing them was quite enjoyable

Spoiler for speculations, theories, etc:

Seriously, it was really a great story to follow, and I'm quite glad there was such translation (thanks again theacefrehley).
I hope the patch project will conclude positively for us, as it would be a shame to miss this gem because of the language barrier. (seriously, BUY THIS GAME)

Currently, the proofreading is somewhat complete, though The text need to be checked several times with people having japanese knowledge, as I could obviously not changed some approximations/mistakes.
That said, I'm waiting for Sterling01 to edit the pictures.

As a little announcement: we are currently in dire need of someone who can manipulate and code with ONscripter. If you think you are fitting for this job, please send a PM to sterling01 or myself. That would accelerate greatly the progress of this project.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-02-04 at 08:48.