View Single Post
Old 2012-02-07, 00:12   Link #67
Sol Falling

Hmm, so we're mostly just playing out the effects of our previous choices for now, but wow, some interesting stuff here. In the first/Mami romance chain, Hitomi ran off upset and we didn't have the witch's kiss encounter--could this possibly mean that she'll be dead next chapter? And for the Mami friendship chain, which I'm personally following, the suggestion that Kyubey is displeasured with the current circumstances with that Madoka and Sayaka being unlikely to become magical girls is very ominous.

Madoka's conversation with her mother about being lesbian in the first section sparked a couple amusing thoughts for me. Although not necessarily unrealistic even if it isn't true, the reasonableness with which Junko accepted Madoka being a lesbian made me think of whether she had had any "yuri" experience herself. We do know, after all, that even within her actual marriage she wears the pants in the family (lol). I can easily see Junko's strong and assertive personality charming other girls.

On the girls' "Fire Sisters" impressions, or the movie sequence in general, that really felt so meta, lol. On the other hand, given the latest Nisemonogatari episode, I've actually been struck really hard with the parallels between Sayaka and Karen. The fact that they share the same VA is just icing on the cake. lol, I dunno if it's really worth it to change what's already written or if you also feel there's an opportunity there, but I feel there could be quite some humorous irony if it were actually Karen that was Sayaka's favourite character.

(Nadeko is a fairly interesting choice for Mami too. I actually find Hanekawa's personality and Mami's rather similar, but of course being 'similar' to a character doesn't necessarily mean you'll like them. Although incidentally, perhaps you just hadn't watched Nisemonogatari episode 5 yourself yet?)

Intriguing developments all around. Nice work; keep it up!
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote