View Single Post
Old 2012-11-28, 20:22   Link #31256
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Wouldn't it be better to solicit his recollection before you murder everybody? Certainly it's arguable that hey, he had lots of time on the 4th to talk to Shannon, but does he really? Usually other people are around. His promise is distinctly personal. Maybe he wouldn't want to bring it up, especially in front of George or the family. Especially in Alliance, he's barely had any time at all to get with Shannon and just talk. If she was expecting him to remember, it sure seems like she jumped the gun.

If Beatrice were expressing some kind of twisted "There, now everyone's dead and we can be alone. Got something to tell me?" attitude, I suppose that'd be one thing, but she doesn't seem to see the victims as inconvenient obstacles given that she goes rather out of her way to set up the mysteries and deaths.

Basically, why isn't she taking any steps to isolate Battler? There's no way for him to indicate he remembers the promise until he's given the opportunity to do so in a more intimate and private setting. She can find the time to go see George and shit, but she can't arrange fifteen minutes going over old times in private with Battler? How is that fair?
Yep, that's what's illogic. It seems Umineko tries to wave it off with a 'it's an obscure love letter from a shy and clumsy person' but it songs more like a letter from a sociopath.
The only Ep in with Battler had a fair chance before murders started is Ep 3, in which she mentioned something close to Battler's promise and he stated something along the line of I don't remember nor I wanted to remember all the stupid things I said which might have hurt her even if the setting was completely wrong to have him say something different.

Interesting enough though Battler will admit he liked her back then... although he won't do it out loud.

In Ep 4 instead the whole thing is completely unfair. Of all the things Battler can come up when a stranger who calls herself the witch who's murdering everyone will ask him about his sin, his promise is likely the last.
Not only it's unlikely in the mess he's in he'll be able to remember it, but it's even more unlikely he'll connect the dots and figure Shannon is causing all that after he'd learnt George and Shannon are a couple.

Ep 1, 2 & 5 doesn't really seem to aim to have him remember anything.
That's true in Ep 1 Shannon had to change her plan (maybe if she didn't she would try to have him remember?) but, as soon as she did it it's game over. She can't expect Battler would cry more for her when his parents are dead in front of him and surely he won't mention it in front of George.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote