View Single Post
Old 2009-10-27, 11:02   Link #884
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
I think you missed my point.

The point I'm making is that all the pairings are based on a positive claim from a lack of actual evidence in so far as Code Geass canon is concerned.
Thus staking a claim based soledly on observations and opinions from the anime (verses the R2 Guidebook) is a Logical Fallacy, specifically an argument from ignorance.
Don't get me wrong, I'm guilty of it too, but I know that the creators stated that Lelouch was too wrapped up in his Rebellion/the Zero Requiem to be involved with anybody.

The only evidence we have is that Lelouch loved no one romantically so therefore everything else is opinion/fanon (my own opinions included).

Therefore is it just as valid to say that part of why Lelouch wanted to die was so he could be with Shirley (rather than Kallen or CC) so he finally made a choice in the Zero Requiem to die and be with "his true love" while creating a new world in the process.

Is that the "right" answer?
NO.
Is it logical?
Not in my opinion, but it is AS LOGICAL as Kalulu or Cluclu or SuzakuxLelouch or any other pairing.
That's the point.
Anyone who tried to say this or that pairing is more valid is being intellectually dishonest.

Code Geass is not a romance, it's a Sci-Fi Adventure with a tragic ending.

While I do appreciate you taking the time to express you viewpoint Lolipopi, and I respect your opinion, you MUST concede it is only your point of view and it is NOT canon, nor is it more or less valid than any other person's opinion on who Lelouch loved.

As I've said, I think if he would have loved anyone, his egocentric mental state would have made him a swinger.

Put it another way, I think Lelouch would have had Lemons for breakfast (CC), Strawberries for Lunch (Shirley), and Cherries for dinner (Kallen).
Lelouch is such an Uber-stud that no one woman is enought for him IMHO.
I saw your point. But it's still not enough for me.

The fact Geass belongs to a category or another doesn't mean there wasn't a romance sublot in there and point it, there was one.

The fact that in the end we didn't get a clear answer doesn't mean ther is no answer at all; Guidebook, side stuff, and so on are there to let us think about those possible answer by giving us - for some (Dear C.C., goodbye) and + for others (the cherry girl ?)

Now if we wanna talk about writer's words, we can talk about how they said in season 1 the romance plot for Lelouch was moved in season 2 (SO there was a romance plot for Lelouch. ) and how Kallen's own story was moved to Lelouch (her Bg story which turned out to be more about her relationship with a siscon that about her relationship with her father.)

We can talk as well of Okouchi,n who does enjoy coupling Kallen's name with Nunally's when quoting people Lelouch made his world for.
Or as I said before, Lelouch's own words.

Now, no, this vision of Lelouch choosing Death for Shirley isn't as valid as others. i'm sorry, on one side you have a vision which isn't backed up by anything but your vision (or anyone's) of the thing, and on another side (let's use cherry girl again) you have a vision backed up by plenty of things in the show, in the side stuff, and in the writers words.
Writers said plenty of things, loudly, using side material, using show, but you seem to ignore those by backing this with your "he was too much involved blabla"
Yeah we know that, he never date anyone after all.
Doesn't change the fact the guy had seemingly feelings for some girls, and that, is not fanon, or we could as well juct watch CG promo pics while ignoring the serie, when it comes to the romance plot on Geass.

So yeah no, you could as well say he made out with Mickey Mouse if you are using the fact Geass isn't a romance story to talk about how pairings are all as much valid of the others. Especially when some pairings got a clear no while others are between the Yes/Maybe and the Yes/Fuck yes !

Gundam aren't romantic stories too, but it doesn't change the fact romance sublot are given for each series (from 0080 to 00 while watching Wing, if you see what I mean.)

So yeah I disagree again :P

For Kallen/Lelouch fans : Ahahaha I learnt today that in regards of the law, a silent can be a Yes (obvious but that's me). And I laughed.
I suck so hard :'P

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote