4) Chicago - 18 -> eliminated

2nd voting:

1) Rio - 46
2) Madrid - 29
3) Tokyo - 22 -> eliminated

Final Voting:

1) Rio - 66
2) Madrid - 32

As it can be seen from the numbers this election was everything but uncertain, basically a no context. The first ballot only served to bring Rio safely into next turn. In the second one they tried to end the competition (any city getting 50% +1 votes would have got an instant win in any turn, you can see how Rio got close in the 2nd ballot). The final ballot was a pure formality, despite Rogge claiming it was "just a matter of a few votes". As if.

It's the first time that a country gets to host both Fifa World Cup (2014) and Olympic Games (2016) in a row. Good luck, Brazil.

Personally I didn't have any particular preference, I didn't even vote in the poll. I wouldn't have disliked Tokyo, to bring Japan under spotlights for a few weeks, just like it happened for Beijing last year. It's better though that they went to America (meant as a continent), since we have to take turns in watching the games with delay, after all.
And then, being italian, since my country should candidate either Milan or Rome for the 2020 Olympics, at least now I know there will be a chance if that happens.