View Single Post
Old 2012-12-04, 10:06   Link #40
wontaek

I can understand what Rita and Sorata are feeling. From my own experiences, I know that a great talent can feel like a typhoon that leaves everyone around them shaken. If they fail to utilize their talent in optimal way for prolonged period of time, not only will it leave void and sadness to those close to the person, but eventually the person herself will feel the emptiness, regret, and despair for not doing what she could and possibility that it may be too late for the person to accomplish all she should have.

Thankfully, Mashiro is still young. Ideal solution is for her to split her time and energy between fine arts and manga, with about twice as much time to fines arts, the form she excels at. If she develop sufficiently as mangaka to consider her ability as mangaka on par with Mashiro the artist, then we can rethink the distribution of her time usage. For this she will need people around her that can see things objectively, sometimes coldly when need arise, but still cares for her longtime happiness. Hopefully she will listen to compromises offered by those that knows and cares for her.