View Single Post
Old 2008-06-18, 19:39   Link #1195
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
The human ere not able , but the LDEs ( at least Nagato) were aware ( and were able to remember)of the phenomene , we may think than the LDEs and their master did gain experience/information while the endless 8 incident.
If that was the case, then Kyon would have suddenly noticed Yuki undergoing major changes for no discernible reason.

It's possible that Yuki's human side experianced the memory wipe, but her Data side didn't. Thus, no emotional development.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Isn't it technically impossible to prove them wrong, though? The espers? They'd just point out that it's possible that everything was created 3 years ago with all their memories intact.

Of course, it's impossible to prove them right, but...
Of course it's impossible to prove them wrong. We're dealing with a walking no limits fallacy here. Anything could be possible.

But just because it's possible, doesn't mean it's particularly likely. You use the arguement that this is the case because espers/Time Travelers/ Aliens don't belong in the normal universe, when Haruhi herself basically blows the normal universe theory out of the water.

In general, I put Itsuki's theory in the same category as everything else he's found by poking around his navel. Possible, but not inherently likely. I think the organization provides all this random musing to Kyon, to try to camouflage the fact that they don't have allot of useful solid information to provide Kyon like the IDE and time travelers. They do want to curry his favor.

Quote:
This is what I was trying to say too.
Forgive me If I did not properly convey my meaning.

Quote:
I always thought that all three were from different sects of the ISDE. Yuki was from the "let's keep watching and stay quiet" faction, Ryoko from the "let's kill people she loves and see what happens" faction, and Kimidori from the "let's all try to get along even though we have enormous differences" faction.

It makes her a good chaperone for a possibly rogue interface.
I'm not sure it's proper to say they're different factions per say. They all are united in the same organizational structure (Yuki is implied to be Asakura's superior) but within their structure their is dissent over what to do with Haruhi. This of course comes to the idea of how to get results, passive observation, or trying to do X to see what Y is.

I don't think you can say that Asakura's party only wants to get results by murder. They just want results. Arranging a car to splash a puddle all over Haruhi, to having the person she's attracted to brutally murdered are all the same to them, because they fundamentally don't understand how humans think.

It also seems like rather suicidal behavior, considering that if Haruhi found out about them, and had even a inkling to her own potential, they'd be instantly destroyed. But like Asakura said. They don't understand mortality the same way humans do, because they can't die. And they haven't met anything that can effectively wipe them out.

Speaking of this, this brings up a related theory regarding Lone Island Syndrome...

What If the organization arranged the incident on the island, in order to appease the radical faction of the IDE, and prevent them from doing anything hasty in the future? I can't imagine that the Organization just sat on their butts in response to Asakura trying to whack Kyon.
Quote:
Best description of Haruhi. Ever.
Thanks

Quote:
Wouldn't they grow into a fully developed personality with enough time?
I sorta doubt it.

Even though Yuki's emotional human mind has a great deal of influence on her total thought process, her completely alien side has an extremely substantial role in it to. For Yuki to be a fully developed human, she couldn't have the giant monolithic alien component of her mind. At the same time, if you took this part of her away, Yuki would be a very different person.

The LHI are really sad when you consider them. While the anime and manga focuses on how alien Nagato is compared to the humans, we have to consider that to "Normal" IDE, she must appear similarly uncanny, if not more so. For humans, she can hide her alien nature under the persona of a stoic book worm, always reading. Slightly strange, but a person that you can keep as an informal friend.

Hiding her abnormal behavior (From the perspective of the IDE) from her alien brothers, is likely to be more difficult. The IDE seem to almost have telepathic links to each other. In that kind of environment, Yuki's alien personality (From the IDE perspective) is probably far more apparent than it is to humans.

This could possibly explain why she came to relate more with her human side, and why she wanted to just be a normal human.
Quote:
Overtly chipper Ryoko would be very amusing to see indeed.
It would be freaky.
Quote:
Synchronization. She gained the memories of her future self, remember?
Wouldn't that have resulted in Yuki's persona changing the instant Synchronization happened?

It sounds to me like the intellectual data from the IDE part of her brain got transmitted and received, but it seems somewhat possible that her base human feelings were unable to do so.
Quote:
Very, very good description there.
Thanks.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote