View Single Post
Old 2011-08-20, 13:31   Link #10
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
But isn't Bakuman 2nd season will also be aired this fall though I'm not sure. And that's JC staff project too. So you can't really expect a good Shana III.
It's pretty normal for them to produce three shows per season, so this isn't necessarily an indication of quality. Index Season 1, Toradora, and Aoi Hana all aired under the same circumstances, and (from a technical standpoint) they're among the most impressive J.C.STAFF productions. Ditto for ZnT2, ZnT3, and the new Slayers series, which at least maintained above average production values.

If Bakuman Season 1 is any indication, I wouldn't expect the sequel to be very resource intensive. However, I'm personally wary of

a) tightened budgets in general (doesn't help that sponsorship tends to decrease with sequels)
b) J.C.STAFF's severe schedule issues as of late

Regarding the latter, you can throw as much money as you want at a show, but it doesn't buy you time (i.e. if you have two days to finish a task, it'll inevitably be better than if you have to rush something in two hours because the air date is tomorrow). Schedule management has a huge impact on how a product might turn out, from the art/animation to the quality of scripts and storyboards.

I can only hope that circumstances are better for Fall 2011 and beyond.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote