View Single Post
Old 2009-10-22, 14:06   Link #827
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
And then I will point you to the ending... where he wakes up in the hospital, and is immediately disappointed Haruhi isn't there...
And I could say he was looking to be sure everything was the way it was supposed to be, since Haruhi is the defining point of his world--literally, being the god of it. Only by seeing her could he absolutely confirm everything was back in its rightful place. In the same way that, despite there being a Haruhi, Itsuki and Mikuru in the Disappearance world, Kyon always associates that world with the Yuki in it, he will always associate the crazy world of supernatural phenomena that is the 'real' world with Haruhi.

Or I could direct you to the scene shortly following, where he's anticipating Yuki's arrival, and then proceeds to blackmail a data-god for her sake to provide a counterpoint about how strongly he feels about her. This is what I'm saying, there are multiple angles to everything. All I'm trying to do is lay out some possibilities by playing devil's advocate and maybe bring more people to the joyful position of neutrality where they can appreciate all the various possibilities.