View Single Post
Old 2008-05-18, 23:48   Link #37
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Spoiler for Macross Plus:

Spoiler for SDF Macross:
It's more than just that. In just about all Macross works, there's a certain amount of sexual activity, and it's almost never portrayed in a negative light. It's treated much more like a normal outgrowth of a relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Probably because most people decided on Ozma and Kathy in episode 2 (lots of tension in their "confrontation" over Alto) and early episode 3 (Cathy was clearly upset at seeing Ozma injured) and went wtf when Leon kissed her. Also his hairstyle sucks and Ozma probably tapped Cathy before Leon did anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
I guess I'm to blame for not automatically trying to pair everyone up even before really knowing anything about them. And yes, his hairstyle does suck, and he's far too good at discerning his personal and professional life for his own good, but it's not like he's done or said anything to earn him "Final Villian" status as I've seen bantered about now and then.
There's three main reasons why Leon gets a bad rap: he's sinister, he's got a hidden agenda, and he seems to push Kathy around. I think that people complain about his relationship to Kathy because it's more convenient to do so than attacking his other points.

Leon is often seen as the "final villain" because that's the kind of role one would expect his character archetype to play in most anime. I don't think that this'll be the case at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
No kidding? She performed a character in a Macross series? Very nice...
Yup, now go and watch Macross Plus. It won't add all that much to the Macross Frontier experience, but it's a darn good anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Okay okay, stop it with the "damaged goods" please. There's nothing wrong with women having sex, guys. -_-
That's completely true; and it's rather a shame that most anime suggest otherwise. I consider it a credit to the Macross franchise that sex between consenting adults is shown in a positive and healthy light.