View Single Post
Old 2008-09-23, 14:01   Link #3
blue skies
noch einmal?

Oh damn, that sucks. You have my utmost sympathy; it sounds very painful. And I'm not a doctor, nor do I have a vast knowledge of medical procedures and ailments, but I'll try to help.

The reason it may be recurring (and I'm not very knowledgeable about cysts, lol) could be because the doctor didn't get all of the cyst out during surgery the first time, or I suppose it could just be very persistent. I would advise you to talk to the optometrist who did the surgery before going to a different one; sometimes that just causes more trouble, loads of paperwork, they don't know exactly what happened during the first procedure, etc... But if surgery is necessary again, talk to them about the pain issue and see if there's anything they can do to make you more comfortable and let them know you want this thing gone this time. But if you don't like what you hear or you're really concerned about the doctor, don't be afraid to take your business elsewhere, especially if you feel they did a lackluster job the first time. And I've also heard that warm compresses may help, but again, I'd see your optometrist before trying anything at all.

But since you also wear contacts every day, make absolutely sure it isn't just an infection. I probably sound like a total nag here, but be sure to wash your hands before putting them in and taking them out, rinse them with solution before putting them in the lens case, change once a month (if you wear monthly disposables), don't wear them for too long, don't sleep with them in, change the solution every day, blah blah blah. I wear them every day too, and had an infection last year with symptoms very similar to yours.

But good luck. I hope everything goes well for you and it all clears up soon.
blue skies is offline   Reply With Quote