View Single Post
Old 2011-02-11, 22:02   Link #214
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I do indeed question why would Kyubey have gone through such extraordinary length to essentially entice individuals to wage an underground war, with the stakes being lives of people that frankly aren't the same specie as Kyubey. What benefits exist for him or for whatever entity he serves for Kyubey to participate in such a fashion? As it is, he may very well behold nothing to humanity for him to be involved in the situation of witches getting their prey.

I will reiterate yet again that I wonder if it can be called moral, if one is not human, to act against witches consuming human beings, if that is the natural pecking order. Justification for human beings to defend themselves against witches is not lacking, but that may not be the case for the non-human observer(s).

Unfortunately, I cannot rein in on the alignment of Kyubey at all, even from my shallow metrics. I have too little to go on personally to form an opinion about even his behavior, let along his ever elusive mentality.

EDIT: On the matter of being caught in the morality of war with examples of the great man of that century prior, let this matter be. Forming an opinion about this fictional conflict between humanity and witches is premature if one possess so few information about the hostile. Calling that they prey on human and that they are borne of curses, and seeing them munching on human flesh are still superficial facets.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2011-02-12 at 03:45.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote