View Single Post
Old 2006-07-14, 19:07   Link #443
domino
デレデレ

The Prince of Tennis official dub was released today! You can watch the episodes streaming on that site as part of Cartoon Network's new Toonami streaming service (but you have to be in America, not using a Mac, and using Internet Explorer to view it ).

As usual, so much Prince of Tennis stuff in Japan that it's hard to keep up, but here's a quick release list:

* Live-action movie DVD comes out in Japan in September (28th I think)

* New Prince of Tennis musical will be performed this fall called "Advancement Match Rokkaku". It will feature Rokkaku, Hyotei, and an all-new Seigaku cast.

* For all you Nationals fans, there are 5 new character song singles coming out on August 19 featuring the boys from Higa. These CDs are called "Best of Rival Players", like the past rivals' CDs. These are numbered XXVI~XXX (wow, the 30th rival's CD... Prince of Tennis has so many CDs that I get dizzy).

* Atobe's new single also comes out in August. Pre-orders are selling like crazy...

* There will be 2 "Best Actors Series" albums from the Prince of Tennis Musical actors. Fuji will get one album, while Oshitari and Gakuto will share the other album. (since it's the musical version, their live-action actors will be the singers instead of the TV anime voice actors)

* "Musical Prince of Tennis Supporters" DVDs will be released this fall, too. Bonus DVD goodies for the musical fans? I don't remember exactly what's on them... first one comes out August 20 and features Hyotei Gakuen.

* Manga is up to volume 34 and still going strong! A volume count that very few series are able to reach...

I hope the subbing of the OVAs continues... I hear rumors that the "volleyball scene" will be animated... (will Inui's bare butt be on the DVDs, I wonder? That scene in the manga was hilarious.. )
domino is offline   Reply With Quote