View Single Post
Old 2007-08-09, 12:49   Link #31
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
seen as they are both in this whole mess together why do you insist that it is makoto's responsibility? there is no "you or me" in a real relationship and if that is what sekai is trying to do then she must understand that if makoto wont do whats right you will have to get the courage to start things off for him ~ like always ~ is it really that hard for sekai to tell kotonoha over lunch that makoto has something to tell her?

she knows it would be painful for kotonoha but which is worse? telling the truth or keeping quite until she finds out some other way? a la ep 6 end ~
That's is because, in a relationship, there is Person 1 and Person 2. a break between these 2 shouldn't be interfered by a third party, like i talking all this time. Of course, Person 3 (so sekai), is a huge factor in the break up, but like i said, a relationship should be kept within the concerned persons.

As for sekai, i never implied that she was good in her manner at all. like i said, she clearly lack of courage, and if she could force things a bit more, that would litteraly oblidge makoto to proceed. this is what i can understand why people bash around her.
But i'm still wondering why she should litteraly do this instead of the chicken makoto, just because the later isn't able to goes on.
Just like i said, it is mainly makoto's responsability, but sekai is far from being innocent anyway.

Quote:
her feelings with makoto's? arent they the same so whats so conflicting? and if you mean that sekai is juggling her feelings between keeping kotonoha happy and her love for makoto then this is an important question...
That's what i meant effectively.
[Her feelings about kotonoha + guilt] VS [her love for makoto + makoto's feelings for her]
And of course, people can tell the later group just stomp on her care for kotonoha. not like it wasn't predictable for this kind of case (much like Mitsuki in KGNE)
Quote:
time and time ive kept saying that she is confused with her own feelings as one time you see her telling makoto to break up with kotonoha but at another time she tells him that kotonoha is his girlfriend and that he should return to her...the fault is on makoto for being indecisive and thus affecting sekai's thoughs...
Yes it is affecting her, but more like her guilt. Like i explained several times, her "you are kotonoha's boyfriend" is clearly a huge alarm that they cannot let things stay like this.
It is completely aberrant he isn't able to understand this (oh well, not really concerning this thread)
Quote:
granted that she is confused and mixed up but she needs to think for herself what is the best way for their case...if she really wants to come clean then she should have stop giving makoto some half assed request to "plz break up with her/tell her the truth" and actually did something about it...words alone wont solve anything...
Correct, that's why she is far from being innocent, but also far from being at fault.
You can say that it begun to be her own weakness after all.
Quote:
and you have to understand that this whole thing isnt just makoto's responsibility cause:

1) sekai was the one to set up this relationship

2) sekai was the one who took makoto from kotonoha (however unintentional it was ~ whats done is done)

so by means sekai does hold responsibility to clean up the mess ~ leaving it all to makoto is like her dodging the whole situation herself as: "it doesnt bother me because it is your case..." ~ now that is what i call selfish...
It is really hard to tell if she is becoming coward, selfish, or simply weak minded at this stage of the plot.

as far as i can have "empathy" (which is hard, considering how twisted these characters are), I believe we can state that the origin of this (so Sekai "manipulative" matching skills) were the core problem. Things wouldn't go as insane as if Makoto wasn't that hopeless. (but heck, no story of course).

I believe problems just pile, with some "apparant" aspect "this is because of THIS character", while responsability is quite spread.