View Single Post
Old 2008-11-22, 06:42   Link #1
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Sonic: Night of the Werehog (CGI Anime Short)

Sega just released this up on their site apparently a day or so ago. It's an anime "movie" short, which practically has little to no voice acting. Just some random grunts. Kind of cute though. You can watch it here. Of interest, Momoko Ishikawa is in it, despite the rest of the actors being english. Anyways, here's the credit listing (or atleast the important ones):

Quote:
Staff:
Director: Takashi Nakashima
Producer: Takashi Itou
Executive Producer: Okitane Usui, Hisao Oguchi, Kouichi Fukazawa, Hideki Okamura
Production Manager: Kei Miyamoto
Line Producer: Masahito Imamura
Supervision: Shinji Aramaki
Art Director: Shinji Usui
Character Supervisor: Jun Masuda
Character Design: Illustrators unit - Gurihiru
Art: Hiroaki Ueno, Hiroyuki Kinoshita
Editor:: Ryuji Miyajima
Music: Tetsuya Takahashi
Sound Design: Kouji Kasamatsu
Animation Production: VE Animation Studio
Production: Sega, VE Animation Studio

Cast:
Sonic: Jason Griffith
Chip: Tony Salerno
Ghosts: Kevin Glenz, Ryan Drees (I think this is correct)
Ghost Girl: Momoko Ishikawa
My personal opinion? It was cute and kind of funny. Not sure how else to describe it. However, I will admit, I love the music for it. Gave it this slight classic cartoonish flare to it and honestly reminded me of the days of classic sonic for some reason.

Basically Sonic and Chip decide to head into what appears to be an abandoned house, which it turns out to be haunted by ghosts that love taking pictures of scared people. Sonic seems unphased by the hauntings, but unfortunately for Chip he's the one getting the most feaked out. The head ghost seems infuriated by this, and has the other ghosts try and scare the living crap out of Sonic. However, at first their plan seems to go smoothly, that is until Sonic turns into the Werehog and the ghosts themselves become afraid.
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote