View Single Post
Old 2009-01-15, 21:54   Link #100
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I recall hearing complaints for years from baseball fans in the DC area about the lack of a home team. Now that you folks have a team no one seems to be watching. 9,000 households in the entire DC market on average watch the Nats on MASN. I wouldn't be surprised if there were 9,000 households on average watching Red Sox games on NESN here in just my suburban community outside Boston. Hell, we even have viewers in Japan.

It's going to take a while to build a fanbase, of course, and you still have competition from the Birds, not to mention the fact that Angelos owns the Orioles as well as a big chunk of MASN. I wish you well, though. It's been a long time since the Senators left town. Maybe we'll see you in the World Series some day...
Well you know, the Nats stink as of right now and I think prolly many still have the Cal Ripken days stuck in their heads. Also I will be frank, these regional sports networks don't have good advertizing at all. Fox Sports Net is an exception cause they can call on media sisters FOX news and giant FOX itself

Not in my area, I bet really it's the fact that B-Ball and Baseball are shoved onto these networks (and not on terrestrial) combined with said lack of ads that hurts em. It's the LA rams deal. More of those My Network/CW tv stations should take up more baseball it isn't like they are showing anything better.

Yea, Angelos is being unfair.

The Nats need some time to build, but they will be deserving of serious criticism if they don't get on the radar in say the next decade. That's just laziness on the part of the management.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote