View Single Post
Old 2013-02-04, 13:30   Link #467
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
To know HOW to main character is going to win, or IF he is going to win against an overpowered opponent. I'm left with my head scratching if all it takes to beat EVERY opponent, including the FREAKING FINAL BOSS is one hit (and I mean "one hit", screw tactics and just strike him right away), especially if the MC is just pretending to lose from the start.

So, basically, uninteresting battles is what I don't like about some anime. As in I'm no longer interested to watch them because "the overpowered MC is going to win it by pulling something out of his ass in anticlimactic fashion".

Although Touma usually has only one tactic - cancel powers with his right hand, and then fist to face - at least he's very good at it. Kirito dual-wielding swords looks like a guy randomly swinging them around to me.
Which actually makes the experience even worse. OP characters are OP not just because you know that the are going to win but because they out of all the characters in the story are the only characters that can win. You don't need to one hit KO opponents to be OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I'd like to say time travel, but it's not so common in anime that I could call it a cliche. And sometimes it's done pretty well.
For example Steins Gate.