Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-01, 19:27   Link #177
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Please explain to me why this is a bad and unworkable premise by default.

Or is this a situation kind of like the one Gundam is in these days where people seem to be against whatever it's trying to do just because and refuse to even entertain the notion of giving the staff a chance with whatever it is they are trying to do? This apparent trend of deciding that a show and it's premise is automatically bad before it's even had a chance to get underway is getting pretty silly. I'd expect that sort of thing from 4Chan, but not Animesuki. People could actually just watch the show and then if they find actual things to criticize it over come here and talk about them. They'd probably be taken a lot more seriously for it too.

For example I'm not too keen on the idea of a new Star Driver, but I'll give it a shot anyway and if it sucks and wastes time like I felt the TV series did then I'll address it in a post, but if it's actually good and entertaining then I don't want to totally condemn it and close myself off to the possibility of enjoying it before I've had the chance to see
First off mythologically nothing in the series makes sense and there are contradictions as well. How is the Nirvash magically normal again? Why are they using a regular calendar? Why does Eureka not have her wings? What happened to the adopted kids. Nothing matches the original series. That article implies that most of the action will be focused in Okinawa via the Iran comment which screams Star Driver over again. This just seems like a complete mess.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote