View Single Post
Old 2011-05-13, 08:24   Link #33
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
"You should squeeze the pus out of a wound. However, since he's rotten to the core, if you squeeze it all out, there might not be anything left".

Oh, Tsukuro, you...

The "is Menma a ghost or a hallucination?" debate can hopefully be laid to rest now. There's no doubt she's a ghost, since she revealed something only Menma, Yukiatsu (and apparently Tsukuro) could have known.

Not much to say about this episode. I seem to be the odd one out here, I find it very interesting and enjoyable to follow, but this anime doesn't really pull on my heartstrings. They're trying a little too hard in my opinion. Menma crying every episode is getting old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebasu View Post
Loved the episode as usual. Though I wasn't really sold on Menma's crying (I kind of felt 'numb' to her now, it's like I already know she's gonna cry every episode), but Yukiatsu's scenes are really well done. It's better than any soap operas on air here.

I enjoyed the awkward conversation between Anaru and Yukiatsu on the train, as well as everything with Tsuruko in it. I'm hoping we're finally getting to know more of this ice queen next episode.

And my, Poppo scared me on the last part. It's like he's lost it with his expression. Poor guy

Great points by both of you, and I largely (if not entirely) agree with both of you.

Yukiatsu has actually become the character that interests me the most in this anime. Every scene with him in it in this episode was great, and he had some excellent dialogue.

I also liked Tsuruko in Episode 5, who indeed had the wittiest line of the episode.

However, I also think that Okada is laying it on a bit too thick when it comes to Menma and her crying. If this was something like a 3 or 4 episode OVA that would be fine, but sustaining this high level of heavy emotionality for seemingly every episode of a one cour run is not something I'm capable of, I have to admit. I too am growing numb to Menma as such.