View Single Post
Old 2008-05-15, 13:58   Link #356
Voduar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28 View Post
I agree with Used Can on this topic. I think C.C. is a fan favorite and as a result, she has moments that are there purely for the fans. Cheese-kun is probably nothing more than a show mascot and, most likely, stemmed from C.C.'s provocative method of eating pizza where she's got the cheese hanging out of her mouth or whatever.

Not to say it's not absolutely adorable to see her clinging to this stuffed animal, I just don't know if it has any real significance.
That could very well be, I was sort of free forming that theory. That said, upon a second viewing of Geass, there is a low, but to me noticeable, creep factor in a few of her actions. Now, the more logical conclcusion may be to assume they were showing her vulnerability/cute, but it hit me as slightly disjarring. Then again, perhaps I am being unnecessarily observant.

As to whether or not CC and VV are gods, demigods, w/e, we run into one of the information problems in CG. In this case, I am referring to the fact that I don't believe its been stated what the Brittanians worship. While I have assumed that Japan remained Shinto, the Chinese Federations condition sort of suggests that there was no Buddha in the CG world. In fact, there is not any direct evidence on screen of monotheism as best I can recall.
Voduar is offline   Reply With Quote