View Single Post
Old 2008-01-17, 17:16   Link #264
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
It is really beyond stupid for people to assume that male characters are always male and that female characters are always female.
For the reasons you stated are the obvious ones. People want to play a character they LIKE. And well most of the Alliance male races look pretty silly so... You know...

One of my friends, who is a girl, won't even play the female characters. She plays a male Orc Shaman actually... We didn't really play together because she can't stand the female Alliance characters
Yeah, besides the random flirts from random idiots, most people knew I was a guy, but that was actually part of the problem. The thing that really got to me was people referring to me by those names over vent and in chat even knowing I was a guy. If I were to create a female character again I'd have to name it something gender neutral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
I know what you mean, prior to wow all my characters were male, I had never really put much thought into the sex of the character as long as they looked good. Well, first impression of male humans in wow.. yeah.. hello first female main! True that main is no longer the priest and is now the shaman, but still, yeah, its female again (though I do kinda like the male Draenei, they are just a bit to chunk for me, I like the thinner characters a bit more, like the trolls!)
Male Draenei are so weird looking, their torsos are like double the size of their lower body, they are so disproportionate and almost gross. Not to mention I'd have to turn the sound off playing one because they have by far the most annoying voice in the game, especially the laugh. The "AAAAAaaaaagghhh..." sound they make when they die is hilarious to listen to though.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote