View Single Post
Old 2013-01-02, 18:57   Link #1768
Sunder the Gold

There's no reason for Gold to be excluded from the scale of Metallic Colors, especially since the precious metals side of the bar is yellow, right after Silver (or platinum, which might be between them).

Rust Jigsaw and Amber Penguin are also both Orange colors, using a balance of tricks and long-range attacks.

As for White, I would guess that it's the unspecialized color that isn't as strong as Blue or weak as Red, Orange or Yellow. The Jack of All Trades, Master of None.

White uses a balance of direct attacks and indirect methods at any range. But those tricks and attacks are weak. White has no advantage against anyone of the same Level, whereas everyone else has some specialty to apply for victory.

White would need to be very clever; to recognize their opponent's strengths, and work to deny them. To find their opponent's weaknesses, and press them.

I'm betting that the "Colorless" Black involves having poor stats all-around. Whereas White is generally good at everything, Black generally sucks at everything... except for one theme.

Black Vise is probably fragile, slow and weak, but his body is made of shadow-loving panels. He can use those panels as traps and shields, and teleport through darkness, but if you catch him at close-range or in the light, he probably doesn't hold up well against attack.

Aqua Current's body is made of pure water. It surely has all manner of "elemental" weaknesses to make up for her immunities. Perhaps her pure water is especially weak against "impurities" like Poison/Disease or Corrosion. Given that fresh water is easier to freeze than cold water, Current like likely vulnerable to cold and ice. And I'll bet her physical strength is abysmally weak, and her body very fragile to physical damage.

Black Lotus is a sword; she slices through any resistance. No muck or mud or water can mire her or impede her progress. No restraint can hold her. No armor can repell her. She cuts and pierces right through anything that stands in her way... but I'll bet her avatar is slow, frail and weak compared to the other Kings. Even the Yellow King, specialized in indirect combat and no particular range, was capable of matching her at close range, which is Black Lotus' specialty. The Purple King would be faster, tougher, and brawnier. The Blue King would be more so.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote