View Single Post
Old 2006-08-06, 02:30   Link #46
Amaranthine

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Well, next time if you want to win the prize really badly, just try to make your banner look all complicated and cool and always throw in a typical bishoujo (if possible, from Suzumiya Haruhi or Shuffle! or some popular show like that)

You'll definitely get the votes... even if you can't design for nuts...
Heh... that sounds so bitter. Quite true, of course. I think we all know (and no offence at all intended to Maxon here) that number 32 has gotten to where it is because of Kaede fanboys...

For the record, I voted for Slugzilla's banner, number 56. The main reason I like it is because of the text. I like the font and the way it's bordered, and the effect that has. It fits in with the rest of the banner, but at the same time is different enough to stand out and draw the eye. (Because of the contrast between straight, well defined lines and the natural and slightly blurred shapes around them.) Similarly, the girl's purple hair makes her stand out from the otherwise autumnal colour scheme, but the vine (or is it ivy?) framing her head keeps her from looking out of place. A very pretty and well composed banner overall. ^^ Only problem is that I'm not sure who the girl is...