View Single Post
Old 2007-04-27, 20:17   Link #2
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Well, for whatever reason, I really loved this episode. Nothing much happened, I guess you could say. But the feelings linger in my heart. Aono's loneliness. Kotori's...whatever it was. The gentle pace, the quiet music. The voices. Whether you can say she acts well or not, Shimizu Ai's voice as Koyori really reached me this time. As did Nakahara Mai's as Aono. As did Honda Youko's as Mana. As did Yahagi Sayuri's and Koshimizu Ami's. Like a symphony of sweet sounds from these "sad girls in the dark."

I have to admit, however, that Torito (Okamoto Nobuhiko) sank back into harem-lead nonentity this time around.

The director and co-storyboarder of this episode was Nishimura Hiroaki, who directed four episodes of Mahoraba, two each of Karin and Nanoha A's, and one of Nodame Cantabile. He also did storyboards for Karin and Mahoraba. Give this man a series.

I said that not much happened, but Aono asking to go home is something big, as is her making friends with Koyori. And the hunter Takeshi's awareness of Yorito going home gave me a chill. The character design and Fujiwara Keiji's voice work together very well.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-04-27 at 21:55.