View Single Post
Old 2011-11-04, 11:27   Link #60
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I find it curious that a number of the comments in the thread are saying that it was "better in the manga", which is an adaptation of the light novels. I am curious if it's the manga that enhanced the light novel content, or if it's just that the manga was more faithful to the light novel. Given that I haven't seen either, I guess I have no frame of reference, other than that I find it interesting that a large number of criticisms have been from those familiar with the earlier versions. It could also simply be that most of the viewers commenting around here know the manga (more manga readers than "anime-only" viewers on AnimeSuki for this show?).
Baka Tsuki doesn't have any of the novels fully translated yet (the last two chapters are missing from Volume 1 and there's one incomplete in the middle of 2). I'm sure I'm not the only one who's holding off until the whole thing's available and so can only compare to the manga.

This episode was definitely weak compared to the manga -- the Rozen Maiden gag was done much better, and the gag about killing innocent creatures for the XP was a much more pointed jab at RPG morality.