Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-19, 02:05   Link #2000
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
I've long ago given up on trying to convince people that AO is actually the better series
Maybe because it's just your opinion?
Some people like multilayered stories rich with more believeable characters than loli smarter-than-their-age mecha pilots.
Truth and Naru with their inconsistent actions and terrible design already kick AO's sorry ass off any "good writing" position it might've achieved.
Sloppy writing? Lack of editing? You bet AO has all of them.

It would be like trying to convince people the prequel trilogy of Star Wars is better because it has like... action! And politics! Totally better!
Is there something I don't see? Is the plot really complex or are they just jerking off by spreading a relatively simple story over 10 hours in a way that makes it look like it's a mystery but in reality it's just witholding elements of the narrative from the viewer to extend the runtime? Are these characters really more humane than these in E7? I'm sorry, but I just don't see it!
And why is Eureka so irrelevant to anything in her own show? I guess Aikawa knows what he's doing though since it's a better series!

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2012-08-19 at 02:35.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote