View Single Post
Old 2007-09-15, 08:29   Link #53
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Indeed I do support the Pats but I would say that it's not because I recently jumped on the band wagon. I supported the Pats before you were born, young monir me lad, back in the day when they were well and truly crap.
Well, sir, if they can't make it to the playoff this year, we will know what their secret recipe has been for that winning formula all along. The good old days of Patriot's being crap may return to its full glory once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post

I didn't start taking an interest in the Patriots until after I left college. The oldest memory I have is of the infamous roughing-the-passer call in the 1974(?) playoffs against the Raiders.
I never had any doubt that Ojisan is an old sinner, and now I'm finally convinced that Seiji Sensei is also an old man.

Quote:
Just last night I was talking with some friends about this very thread, and your characterization of the Patriots as "evil." I don't know what the deal is with the videotaping, but I figured I'd hear about it at some point this week, and probably from you . For the record, I usually lose money at cards. Maybe I should consider hiring someone to videotape the other folks' hands.
As I've mentioned to Wing, this isn't going to go away for the Patriots and their fans anytime soon. As incredible as they have been in the past 5 years, they will have to do it even better this year. I think the only way for them to rest any future speculation and ponderance in any tangent is for the Patriots to make it to the Superbowl this year regardless they win it or not.

Btw, I got a camera in my cellphone, so if you need to videotape something you know who to call.

Quote:
I hadn't seen anything on the forum about xris being a Pats fan, until just now.
And you wouldn't have if Ojisan wasn't being so amused on few of my *deeds* in the past couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Well I guess this issue is still pretty fresh considering the NFL has yet to to give punishment, but what do you guys think about the Patriots being involved in cheating by having a secret video guy who tapes the defensive hand signals of the opposing team in an effort to gain a distinct competitive advantage??
I think it's a huge a advantage. One can adjust to the defense and the offense of the opposition accordingly when one knows what's coming. Remember when Tampabay won their superbowl against the Oakland a few years back? Mr. Gruden pretty much knew what play the Raiders' offense will run, and the defense just needed to be adjusted accordingly.

Even with this ridiculous amount of fines and the negation of the draft picks, this thing isn't over for the Patriots. They will be under intense scrutiny from here on, by the league and the teams, and if they fail to make even the playoffs, everyone will be nodding their knowing little heads. The talks will be back and questions will be raised all the way to their superbowl titles.

I also felt like a genius for a moment after I read that particular news, because the previous day I made a insane prediction in this thread, against all odds, that Pats aren't winning it all.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote