View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 15:05   Link #55
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Maybe I'm just overthinking this though
You're not the only one. While we can probably just take the who's-who at face value, we technically don't know for certain that Haruka was the one who made the first cake. I kind of like the ambiguity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Am I the only one who noticed that in the OP Kanata's back is FULL of bruising? Hell, at t he end of the episode, Kud saw Kanata step out of the shower, naked, and was horrified.
Actually, having not played the game, I would never have gotten that out of that scene if it weren't for one (possibly irrelevant) observation: Several episodes ago, Haruka took a bath with Karugaya without any particular care for exposing family secrets. It's only when I put that together with the OP, the slap, AND Kud's expression that it occurred to me that Kanata is probably the girl in the OP. If not for that, I'd be arguing along with Triple R that you're reading too much into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Logically speaking, one would have the "right" to do that when they are going through the same kind of hardship. If you have a little idea how conservative and "traditional" old cast type family can act, and use that slap scene as the hint, you get the idea.
Maybe if Kanata really did receive similar treatment, Haruka didn't realize it because she assumed her abuse was for being The Unfavorite, when really it was more just the family's M.O. Come to think of it, Haruka acts out terribly, and Kanata is a pretty effective bully. Both of those are common in abused children.

We'll know soon enough.