View Single Post
Old 2009-03-20, 22:59   Link #1046
Clegger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
Right, I'm pretty sure Succubus has been manipulating Neeba from the start. I forget who it was, but someone made the comment about her bewitching him to which he replied he was acting of his own will. However, would a puppet necessarily know they're being strung around if the puppeteer doesn''t want them to? I would say she's trying to create another Druaga now that Gil is dead and her old lover has been "avenged."
Neeba would appear to be the perfect tool. He's pretty much dead inside and filled with rage, which Succubus can easily manipulate. She always using Neeba's fear that he doesn't measure up to Jil against him never missing a chance to twist the dagger a little deeper into that wound. And I agree that Neeba's actions are his own but I don't think he would of gone this far if Succubus wasn't prodding him on. A person can only take so much of someone prying on their failures/weaknesses/fears before they give in, especially when said person all ready doesn't care.

As for Succubus motivation, she might be trying to create another Druaga or could she possibly blame the Gods for her lover's fate and want revenge against them herself?
Clegger is offline   Reply With Quote