View Single Post
Old 2004-07-14, 20:19   Link #314
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

i LOVE Tenjou Tenge...i don't understand how any man between the ages of 13 and 30 can't like it...watch it for the action like you should, and the fanservice is MINISCULE compared to: 1) the manga, 2) Ikkitousen

Yu Gi Oh, however, can never redeem itself in my eyes. "An ancient power used to control the world?" sorry i've heard that one a dozen times over, and many times with better execution of plot and less cookie cutter characters (Yugi was designed as a corporate logo, Kaiba's personality can be seen in dozens of anime characters from dozens of genres, even shoujo anime features characters with his personality type)
and the method of winning isn't original, it's contrived. The only reason to watch the show is to see what kind of contrived technique he'll come up with next, and most of the time you know the main character will win (he loses, what, 2, 3, maybe 4 times? in over 100 episodes with at least that many battles?)
plus you really could do the show with cardboard cut outs...the art looks detailed because the characters don't have to move much
i'm not basing this on nothing, i've seen the show. the manga that i've read couldn't hold my attention and i STILL say it was better
and yes, i am not part of the show's target demographic, but that by no means denies me the right to strongly dislike this show