View Single Post
Old 2011-02-22, 14:38   Link #239
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Look what happened to the poor author of Kannagi two years ago; the SECOND she implied that Nagi is "used goods" (IE, not a virgin) she got death threats SO violent that she couldn't restart the manga even now.
I don't think we actually know why she went on hiatus for so long (last I heard the manga is supposed to return this year): the threats, an actual health problem, or just a big "fuck you" to the idiots. But if there's one thing I don't think played a role in the decision, its sales for the series, which are among the highest for a 2008 show. When I consider Kannagi and Evangelion, I can't help but wonder if death threats actually are a good sign for a series financial viability.

That said, I don't think Kyoto would do a harem spin-off of K-On! because I don't think harem antics are what the fanbase wants from the show, and I'm pretty sure they've come to the same conclusion - there really isn't a precedent for a harem show having K-On!like levels of success.

As for the "is Angel Beats by Key or just their employees", I was under the impression that Key did have some involvement with the project. And I can't help but think that the reason the show ended up at PA Works may have been partly due to the show blatantly mimicking Haruhi in some respects.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.